Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 7-8

Day 7
I'm thankful for the waiting.  Infertility gave my husband and I much needed alone time.  Although I wanted to grow our family from the moment we said "I do," I am now thankful that Kyle and I had this time together by ourselves.  We were adjusting to blending our lifestyles and schedules.  We had time to focus on "us."  I think this time together really cultivated our marriage for success. 

Day 8
Infertility tried to bend our marriage, but it was our first test in overcoming obstacles as a couple.  During the beginning of our journey, I was so insecure that I thought Kyle would stop loving me if I couldn't give him children.  I once even gave him permission to stop loving me.  Crazy, huh?  However, the longer we went through infertility the more God revealed Kyle's love for me.  We were tested and twisted, yet we triumphed.  There is no doubt in my mind that we can get through anything together.  I am thankful that infertility gave me security in my husband's love for me.   

No comments: