Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 21-23

Day 21
I am thankful for my dear friends who had kids during our struggles.  It gave me an opportunity to love on some very special kids and channel my heartache energy into something positive. 

Day 22
I am thankful for my co-workers who often heard me venting about our journey.  More often than not, they had no choice.  I would come into work and vent--about anything--to my coworkers.  I was allowed to be real with them.  I didn't have to hide my emotions or disappointments.  They genuinely cared for me and our situation.  I give them most of the credit for my ability to retain my sanity more than once.

Day 23
I am thankful that as I sit here and note things to be thankful for during our infertility journey that I can see how much I've grown as a Christian, friend, and woman.  I mean, I know I've grown--but because I wrote down so much of our journey, I can actually see where/how infertility has shaped me.  God has brought me so far--from hardly being able to look at pregnant women to accepting life without children to now being a mother--it's been a really crazy roller coaster, but I've definitely grown into a much stronger person now having walked it. 

No comments: