Monday, November 26, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 24-26

30 Days of Thanksgiving for Infertility
Day 24
I am thankful for all of the negative pregnancy tests I received.  In the beginning, each one hurt a little more than the last.  But towards the end (let me remind you we were on our 5th year of trying), they hurt a little less.  I could tell that God was softening my heart--or else he was making me so much stronger.  It was still sad, but it wasn't as devastating as it once was to only see one line.


Day 25
Although I couldn't seem to come up with 2 pink lines on a pregnancy test, I was so thankful for ovulation predictors.  I could see TWO lines on them!  I could tell I was ovulating, and I could dream of the day that TWO lines would be staring back at me from a pregnancy test.  I am truly thankful for the medical advancement of ovulation tests.  I know that they have been vital in many womens' success in conceiving. 


Day 26
I am thankful for Stepping Stones which offers Christian support for couples facing infertility or pregnancy loss.  Each quarter a newsletter would arrive in my mailbox, and I would sit and savor every single word.  Their store has many books for infertility, miscarriage, adoption, etc.  Stepping Stones was probably THE best resource I had while I struggled with infertility, and I am so, so very thankful for their obedience to minister to the broken hearted prospective parents.  If you haven't already done so, please check out the website!  So much good information.  You can click here to read an excerpt from their November/December 2012 issue.

No comments: