Monday, October 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday



I am thankful that we actually received some rain this week. We are still so many inches short this year and most of the region is in an extreme drought.

I am thankful for bottle water in the event we wouldn't be receiving rain. I think (in this area) we have a 90 day supply remaining, which sounds like a lot, but not for the +1 million people who have to share it.

I am thankful (again) that my hand wasn't seriously injured in my cooking catastrophe on Sunday.

I am thankful that my migraine went away (finally! ) and equally thankful for Ex.edrin Migraine which seems to be the only over the counter med that will alleviate the pain.

I am thankful for the Internet, because without it, I would still be wondering how all my blogger buddies renamed hyperlinks. (If you don't know how, all you have to do is type the word you want to rename it as, hi-light it, clink on the Link icon, and enter the address as you would for any hyperlink. Your high lighted word automatically become the link. Yes, it's that easy!!!)

I am thankful for the relationship I share with my mother-in-law. She and i had such a great talk on Friday night. I am thankful that she prays for me and I can go to her when I have questions about the Bible or other things. I am thankful that her advice will align with God's word. (Some married couples don't have a good relationship with their in-laws. I can't imagine that type of relationship with my in-laws. I love them dearly, and I know I am blessed to be a part of two wonderful, Christian families.)

I am thankful for my church and the wonderful services we had on Homecoming Sunday. I am thankful for our preachers who constantly pray for our services and members, even when I fail to do so. I am thankful that 3 members have chosen to follow God's calling into the ministry and that they have our preacher and associate preacher as mentors.

I am thankful to have bought 2 Christmas presents thus far, and only have a good 15 or so to go. Speaking of which, I am thankful that it's only 61 days until Christmas now (have I mentioned that I just love this time of year?). I love celebrating the birth of our Lord and the way the Spirit feels the air during the upcoming holiday season.

I am thankful for the retailers who still refer to things as "Christmas" such-and-such, instead of the politically correct "Holiday" versions.

I am thankful to be alive another day to enjoy the love of my Savior, family, and friends.

I am thankful that the firemen in CA have reduced what were 21 fires down to 14 (maybe less now) and that people are being able to return to their homes. I am thankful that the Lord is controlling the wind to reduce the risk of new fires developing.

Have a blessed Day!


5 comments:

Alison said...

I love to read your list on Thursdays. It sure does bring perspective, doesn't it? Thank you for continuing to pray for the fires. Today feels like the beginning of the end. What a praise!

Deidre said...

I loved reading this list, Elaine. I'm being stubborn today and didn't feel like posting one. Isn't that terrible? My attitude today isn't the best, can you tell?

I'm thankful for YOU and what you teach me just by reading your words. I'm blessed to know you!

Confessions of a momaholic said...

gotta love thankful thursday. i am especially thankful for the gift of life tonight as i was in a stressful situation. will probably blog about it.

day 28 for you. any sign of af yet or is there still hope?

Searching said...

I always like your lists. :) I'm glad your migraine went away. They are the most awful beasties and only others who suffer from them really understand. Ever feel like punching someone who says "Oh, only a headache? Take an aspirin." Thanks for your gentle reminder to take care of the care-giver. I'm not so great about that. I'll put the other nurses and babies ahead of myself and just don't think that I need to go eat or take a break. I'll make a conscious effort to work on that this week. :)

Searching said...

ps- What are you going to school for? We can be test prayer buddies. :)