Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tell me Thursday: Thankful week

This has been a week for bullet points:

  • I just finished reading By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters. I posted a review on my other blog here. If you like to read, check it out. It was really good, but more importantly, it was "real." It's a young adult literature novel, and let me just interject here...my, oh my, how books have changed since I was a kid. I read YAL novels because I am going to school to become a middle grades teacher, and I want to be knowledgeable about what books my students will be reading and which books I can recommend.
  • I have a mid-term tonight at school which I am in no way, shape, or form ready for. I have been the epiphany of the procrastinator student this semester. I'd really appreciate your prayers for me to do my best, and that will be good enough for me.
  • Still having some family drama. We are currently getting the silent treatment from members of our family. I wish I could say I don't care, but if I'm honest, I care a lot. Maybe too much. Time heals all wounds right?
  • New Life Lesson Learned: If I would have know then, what I know now I probably wouldn't have "opened the can of worms" with said Family. Nothing has changed. Nothing good has been gained. Although everything we said (both parties) were true, I don't know now that it was worth it.
  • My Sweet Kade has pee-peed in the potty 4 times today! My mom is the best! She keeps my boys during the day, and she works so hard with them. I'm so glad they are in her care and are smothered with hugs and kisses all day long.
  • My Sweet Kade won't sleep in his big boy bed. He wants to snuggle with Mommy, which I am loving a little too much. Daddy, not so much. I think he is scared of the dark :(
  • My Sweet Kohen is teething! I anticipate he will have one come through soon.
  • My Sweet Kohen also had his 4 month well visit this week. He had to get shots. I've never quite seen the shade of red his face turned before. He was so friendly and flirting with his nurses before the shots. I'm pretty sure he broke up with her after that.
  • My husband is the best. Have I told you that lately? He is. I use to want to win the lottery. But now, I look around at my husband, our boys, and the life that we share, and I realize I already have.

What are you thankful for? Tell me...It's one of the last days to enter to win a $25 visa giftcard. Go to this post to enter now! By the way, I filled up completely my car with gas this week, and it cost $62.25! Ouch!

3 comments:

Deidre said...

How did I miss your Mom is keeping your boys? What a blessing that has to be for you!

KC said...

Hey There!

Sorry I didn't get back here to comment again sooner. I saw your comments on my blog but I was always on my iPhone so it's hard to comment back on it.

How are the stairs coming? Getting any easier? I hope so! Some days I just didn't have much motivation so I would tell myself I will only do "this" many times up and down. And then by the time I did that many, it always seemed I was able to do a few more. I really miss being able to do them now. I pretty much despise any other form of exercise on a machine or jogging. That was my one thing.

I didn't ever make an absolute resolution to exercise for lent (just that I'd be somewhat better). So I don't know that I'd make a good accountability buddy.

I have read your blog for awhile but am not much of a commentor. Thanks for sharing so much of your story. I know it helped me and I am sure it helps others!

Mazzy said...

I have to keep L's doors shut at night. I put knob covers on the inside so she can't get out. I guess that probably sounds kinda crude, but we live in a split plan 2 story (she's up, we're down) and our second story looks down on the first and I am just terrified she'd somehow wind up going over the railing if she ever got out of her room and had free reign up there. I also just don't want her getting in to anything at night! We also have a pool and though it's a TINY chance she'd ever manage to scale the baby gates, stairs and disarm the alarm in order to keep me from sleeping through her getting outside, I still don't take any chances. ANYWAYS. For what it's worth, she stays in her bed just fine. I also don't leave any toys or books out in her room (I put all her stuffies and a few books in bed with her). Anyways, maybe something like that would work for you? We also have a night light in there, she knows how to turn it off and on herself and it's a big ritual for her to turn it on after her story every night. (I've also seen a Tyke Lite by Moby that sits up on a shelf if you are worried about a plug in night light and him messing with the outlet) I also bought her a fun lady bug that sleeps in bed with her and projects stars and the moon up on the ceiling. She LOVES that thing, I couldn't recommend it more than I do. (it's by Cloud B, they make other versions, I bought it off of Amazon but they sell it at BRU)