Monday, March 21, 2011

SSMT #6




I am really late posting my 6th verse for the SSMT 2011. It's taken me some time to pick out a good, appropriate verse. But, alas, I found the perfect one--or two! There's nothing like God revealing Himself in his Word, is there? Especially when you seek Him for guidance and direction. So, he showed Himself to me in two verse's this week...so why not meditate on 2, yes? The more I learn, the better!

First:
"Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do."
(Ephesians 5:17, NLV)


Second:
"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10, NIV)


Here are the other verses I have memorized:
SSMT #5
"Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander as well as all types of malicious behavior. Instead be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

SSMT #4
"Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." (Colossians 3:23 NIV)

SSMT #3
"Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender." (Proverbs 22:7 NIV)

SSMT #2
"Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything your land produces." (Proverbs 3:9 NIV)

SSMT #1
"Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed." (Joshua 1:8 NIV)

No comments: