Friday, April 3, 2009

Ask Anything response (part 1)

Joy asked: What was your first job?! Did you go to college and if so, where? What was your degree in?

Joy, my first job was at a supermarket as a cashier. I started working a week before my 15th birthday and have been working ever since! I wouldn't technically consider that a "real" job since I was only part time. My first what I consider "real" job was an office assistant for the company I currently work for. I have been employed here for almost 11 years. Now, I am a retail accountant and I handle the books and financial statements for 6 customers.

My current bachelor's degree is in Accounting. I went to school here. But, I am really in need of a career change, so I decided last fall to go back to school to become a Middle Grades teacher. I am currently working on my second bachelor's degree from here.

Charne, I got your question also, and I am working on the post. I hope to have it up in a few days.

If anyone else can think of anything you want to know, just ask. Right now, I am confused on the direction this blog needs to take. It began as an infertility blog. At some point, when I begin trying for baby #2, it probably will resume being an infertility blog. However, right now, it just doesn't seem appropriate for where I am in my life.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Just stopped in to say "hi" and to thank you for all your support. I can't tell you what it has meant to have such encouraging words from you through this journey. I am hoping to keep up on blogging through the delivery process-supposedly our hospital has wireless-we'll see. I will keep you posted, and thanks again!! I just wish I could reach out and give you a big hug!!

Confessions of a momaholic said...

i know exactly what you mean about not being really sure what direction to take the blog in once you reach that coveted milestone. i obviously still love to read about the parenting part since i am there myself, but understand that it isn't pleasant for all. how is everything going???? the pics were all so beautiful...keep them coming!