Monday, June 30, 2008

We have a heartbeat! Thank you God!

I just got in from my ultrasound, and we have a heartbeat! The baby's heart was beating 146 beats per minute and was measuring 6w4d. (According to my last cycle, I should be 6w6d.) The tech said this is exactly where the baby should be right now. I am just so unbelievably thankful! The ultra sound tech zoomed in so we could hear the heart beating, and it was the most beautiful sound I think I've ever heard. I am so thankful for all of your prayers and well wishes! I will post pics of the ultra sound later tonight. Due date according to ultra sound is Feb 19, 2009.

17 comments:

alison said...

Happy day!! Congrats!! :) So very, very exciting.

I'm trying to stay away from the doppler-renting website I found. I can find peace for 28 days, I know I can. :)

Bryant Family said...

Praise God! I am so happy for you and your husband! I imagine you are both on cloud nine today. I'll continue to keep you and your little one in my prayers!

Amanda said...

HOORAY!!!! I am so happy for you and your family!

Keep up the good work little bean!

Thank God!

Jen said...

Hooray! Praise God!!! Thanks for updating us!

Mel said...

Congratulations!!!!!
*hugs*

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah!! This is fabulous news and such blessing. Will continue praying for your little one and the new mama for a healthy pregnancy.

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Congratulations!!! Isn't that the most beautiful thing ever?????

Fertilized said...

wooooooooohooooo! Fantastic news!

I enjoyed hearing the heart beat so much.

Deidre said...

Praise the Lord! He is good.

So happy to hear the news - you are going to be an amazing mother, Elaine!!

Joy said...

What wonderful news!!! Congratulations! Now enjoy this pregnancy... you deserve it!

andrea_jennine said...

Great news!

Mindy said...

SO exciting! COngrats and I will continue to pray for you all!

Alex & Jill said...

Yay!! What a wonderful day! :) Can't wait to see pics!

WISHING...HOPING...and PRAYING said...

this is the day that the Lord has made! let us rejoice and be glad!

Charne Trollip said...

wow, congrats!!

Alison said...

Yay for strong heartbeat!!

The Baker's said...

Yah, COngrats, I am so excited for you. I have my first ultrasound on the 9th of july and will feel relieved when I hear the heart beat.it will make it all the better and it will really soak in that I am pregnant.