Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday



Oh my...can you believe that it's only a week away from Thanksgiving? Where does the time go? I forgot to do Thankful Thursday last week, so first off, I am thankful that I remembered this week.

I am thankful to work among a caring department. Each year we collect an entire Thanksgiving dinner and give it to a needy family for the Holidays. We collected 4 huge boxes of food and I personally know the family and that it will be graciously accepted. I am thankful that my co-workers embrace this idea each year and give to help make someone else have a Happy Thanksgiving.

I am thankful that my grandmother is feeling better. She's been sick on-off for a while now. I am thankful that she hasn't had any new blood clots develop and that she seems to be on the road to recovery.

I am thankful that K had a safe week at work. Long story short, he works at a bank and someone attempted to rob it this week. However, the criminal didn't do his homework. K's bank closes the lobby each day from 1:30-3pm so when he came up to the door with his black ski mask on, he couldn't get in. (Thank you Lord, for I know this wasn't an accident.)

I am thankful that the local police apprehended this man before he could rob any other business or person.

I am thankful that next week is a short work week. (Can I get and AMEN to that one?)

I am thankful for my good health, friends, family, and readers. May God bless each of you this Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, amazing about the bank robber! I'm thankful it's a short week too!

Confessions of a momaholic said...

and i am thankful for you. :)

gtg...grays anatomy is one!

Deidre said...

Wow, thank God that robbery wasn't carried through. Scary.

Have a great weekend, Elaine!