Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Reading Journal

I started a new blog in 2010 to keep record of books I had read. You can find it here. This blog is more of a journal than book review website.

These days, I am finding myself reading mostly young adolescent/young adult literature. My interest is not out of my explicit refusal to embrace my thirty's. I do, however, find YA novels facinating. As a future Language Arts educator I feel it is my reponsibilty to be knowledgeable about some of the books my students will be reading. I also make notes of any parental concerns (sexual content, explicit language, etc.) My reviews are not nearly as detailed as some of the book blogs I've researched. There aren't character narratives or plot spoilers. It's mostly my overall reaction to the novels and any quotes which stood out to me. I document books to keep me reading and improve my writing skills. However, it's still evolving with every novel I add.

I just finished The Hunger Games this week. Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments: