Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today's Appt

Today's appointment has finally come and gone. The past few days I've had so much anxiety. I couldn't wrap my head around that I am pregnant again...and I felt those feelings of insecurity and fear quickly taking control of my emotions.

As I was walking into my appointment, I could feel myself shaking--you know, the kind of fear that takes complete control of your body and there isn't anything you can do to stop it. It doesn't help that our dr. office's ultrasound tech has zero personality...I mean ZERO! It's fair to say that she isn't paid to be friendly, but when you can see that someone is overwhelmed with fear of the unknown, I would think it would be appropriate to smile and be friendly.

Never-the-less, as I am preparing to sit on the exam table, K sweetly comes over to take my hand as if to say, "Honey, everything will be okay. Whatever the outcome, we will get through this." I love him. He always seems to know exactly what I need, exactly when I need it.

I take a deep breath, close my eyes, and the ultrasound is under way when I hear K say, "There's its heartbeat." Praise God! I could breath a big sigh of relief...my legs were no longer shaking. I am not having identical twins as we once thought--and you know what, I'm perfectly fine with that. What matters is that there was one beautiful, healthy heartbeat that took my breath away.

I will update with ultrasound pics tonight!

Elaine

7 comments:

Bryant Family said...

Yea! Looking forward to the ultrasound pics! :)

Mindy said...

Glad everything went well! So happy for you! I hate that kind of fear!!!!!

Praying for you Elaine!

Janna said...

Praise the Lord!!!! So happy!!!! Can't wait to see the u/s pics!!!

Joannah said...

You're on your way! :)

The Lynchs said...

YAY! God sure is great! I'm glad everything went wonderfully and I can't wait to see the baby pictures!

KateandCodyWhite said...

Congratulations Elaine and can't wait to see the Ultra Sound picture... Second pregnancies are always surprising ;) I have almost adjusted after being 31 weeks pregnant with #2

Charnè said...

cant wait to see the ultrasound pics!!!

so very happy for you Elaine

xxx