Friday, May 1, 2009

Weekly ramblings...

It's Friday night at 9:45, and what's that sound? Could this be silence? Could my precious baby boy be finally sleeping? Oh my--I do believe it is. Whew!

I don't mean to sound as if I am complaining, because I do realize how blessed I am to have a baby that I can just put down to bed, and he will soothe himself to sleep. We, well...K, put Baby K on a schedule a few weeks ago. He gets a bath at 8:30, bottle at 8:45, and he is in bed at 9:00. This schedule has worked great for him since he began daycare a few weeks ago.

Speaking of daycare, my sweet Baby K refuses to nap during the day. I mean, "yay for me..." cause that means he sleeps at night (and if you read my prior post, then you know how important sleep is for me). But I worry that he may be extrememly fussy during the day. Just one day this week, his daily sheet stated that he napped from 8:30-8:35; 9:30-9:35; 12:00-12:30. [I have no clue why they even listed the first two. I don't really consider 5 minutes a nap.]

On another note, I stayed out of work Thurs and today because we have our 2nd double ear infection. [That makes 2 in 3 weeks.] Baby K has been so fussy the past 48hrs. [Now, you know why I am enjoying the moment of temporary silence that I am currently experiencing.] This infection began much like the last one. He began to be fussy when we would lay him down, but he was his usual happy self if he was sitting upright. Then, the vomiting began, followed by his refusal to eat...So today, "Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to the dr. we go." A doctor bill and antibiotic later, my suspicions were confirmed.

Yesterday, I also found out that someone I went to high school with lost her battle with Cancer. She was 28 years old, and is leaving behind a husband, a five year old son, and two year old daughter. I am completely heartbroken for this family. But, what an amazing testimony she is leaving behind. Never once did her love for the Lord waiver during her battle. And she fought up until the last breath. That makes my heart smile, because I know that Satan really gave a full effort to take her away from God. So take that Mr. Satan! You never got her, and now she is singing praises with the Lord! [Tomorrow is the receiving services and Sunday the burial for this extraordinary woman. If you think of it, please pray for them.]

So, in a nut shell, that has been my week. How has your week been?

4 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend! My mom died after a long battle with cancer and at her "Celebration of Life Ceremony" (what her church called the funeral) I stood up and said that she was alive and breathing so we can all rejoice!

Your attitude is shining. Be strong and it's okay to grieve and cry, too.

Jill said...

Bless Baby K's heart...hope the ear infection clears up soon.

Praying for your friend's family.

((HUGS))

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm loving these updates!

I'm sorry to hear about the not so great napping and the ear infection. And the HS friend to cancer. That's such a bummer, but at the same time such a great story!

My week - busy! Dealing with all this flu craziness. Hopefully the hype will calm down soon.

Keep posting! It's so good to hear what you're up to... and get cute updates on Baby K.

~~HUGS~~

Pam said...

This has nothing to do with your post. I just wanted to let you know how very thrilled I was that you got the youngest mom award, Sunday at church. That was a blessing from God.

Love ya
Pam