Monday, November 17, 2008

Decisions made...

I have finally decided to breastfeed. And since I bought one of these, there really is no going back now. My cousin's wife had one to sell, so I snatched it up at a rather great deal. I'm a bit nervous, since I don't know the first thing about breast feeding, but I am going to give it a shot. And if I don't like it, I'm going to try to stick with it anyway to save $. Now, if it become too stressful, of course we move on to formula. However, I have thought about it in great detail over the past few months, and right now, I'm in.

We have a daycare provider lined up. Let me insert rant here ---> Although I am completely grateful to be having this child, I am a bit stressed out about how on earth we are going to be able to afford daycare costs in addition to all those other baby expenses. A third of my income will now go to pay childcare expenses alone. That is really going to put a dent in our money. My mom keeps telling me that once our son arrives that I am not going to want to leave him. I know she's right, but like the majority of other two income families, I don't really get that choice. My income is necessary to supplement K's or else we will lose our house. (Don't see the govt bailing us out?!?!)

We have also picked our son's name. We will name him Kade Mason K... However, to protect our privacy, from this point forward you will only see me refer to him as Baby K.

Lastly, we have began to construct his nursery. We are using Rainbow fish as our theme and it is quite cute, if I must say so myself. I can't wait to put the final touches in so I can post pics for you all...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm nervous about BF too, but I'm hoping this kid and I can make it work. Lots of prayers will be said. :) Are you taking a BF class? I think I'm scheduled for one in January. I hope it helps.

CUUUUUUTE name! I love it. :) I don't think I'm brave enough to put Cletus' real name on the blog. We'll see though!

And I can't wait for nursery pics. :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Love the name!!

BF sounds awesome. Just give yourself permission to supplement with formula if necessary. I know mothers who felt like a failure if they couldn't BF... but with their second they're doing a lot better at allowing themselves to supplement if need be.

Daycare is super expensive. It's crazy!!

Grateful for the update. Still praying for you.

**HUGS**

Lisa said...

To be honest with you... I am glad that I decided to breastfeed even if it was just for 3-4 months. I was induced early so it took some time for my milk to come in and when it came in the hospital had already introduced my son to the bottle since his sugar was low. I pumped for about 4 months and then realized I was missing out on all of the feedings. My hubby would feed our son while I pumped so I was missing out on that alot. If you can actually get him to latch on then it would be the best thing for you. Good luck with that...I wish you well and I think you will enjoy the time and just knowing that he is getting those extra nutrients!! I love the name you picked out and I can't wait to see nursery pics!! Oh, one more thing...Medela pumps are the best!! GREAT CHOICE.

AwkwardMoments said...

great news. good luck with everything and all the decisions. THe name is really cute. I love rainbow fish

Deidre said...

Ahhh ... decisions, decisions. Such is the life of a parent, so WELCOME. All will be well once little K is here. (I love his name, by the way).

I can't wait to see the nursery. That is hands down the most fun room to decorate in a house, right?

Anonymous said...

Babies are expensive! It is hard to provide for all their needs when you are already living on a tight budget. Some advice I give to expecting parents is: Consider waiting until you know more about your baby’s interests and personality and what your lifestyle will be like with baby. What you think you want pre-baby may change after you actually have your baby and see what the reality is. If you absolutely must have the $2,000 crib, consider getting a less expensive stroller. Most importantly, if you want the top of the line crib, plan for it and give yourself permission to spend the money and enjoy it. Know where the money is coming from to do all of the start-up stuff: is it from your income, on a credit card, or from your savings? I your situation, you could draw from your savings (emergency fund and./or extra cash in the checking) and just plan to replenish that account over the next 4-6 months.

Jill said...

I love the name! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery. :)

((HUGS))

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I hear really good things about the Medela pump. I got one too, but it's an Ameda. I work out of my home, so have no idea how much I'll use this, but my husband and I love to travel, so I could more imagine needing to pump so that I could feed the baby in the car w/o requiring a stop!

Our nursery is all painted, chair rails up, and crib & dresser assembled. Changer not yet assembled, and no bedding even CLOSE to being chosen. I am SO picky!

I hope and pray you can come to a point where you trust your body too. After losing a baby, no matter what the circumstances, we ladies always believe deep down somehow it was our fault. And we worry when we're pregnant again. I did not even think to pray for that, I just prayed against a spirit of fear, but having a confidence now is so nice!

Jen&Carter said...

Thanks for stopped by my blog to check on me. Thanks for the encouragement as you have been and know how I feel and you are living proof that dreams do come true since you struggle with getting pregnant and now you are. I love the name, very cute. I hope that all is going well for you and baby.

Jill said...

Just stopping by to say hello! Hope you're doing well. :)

((HUGS))

Christy said...

I love the name you have picked out, and I can't wait to see the nursery pictures!