Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Doc. appt update

Good Morning Ladies,

Just wanted to give a brief update. AF did arrive right on time Saturday. Yesterday, I had to go back to Dr. R. He has switched me from Clomid to Femara. I've taken this med once before at my old doc's office. Dr. R said that my progesterone is really elevated, hence the reason he gave me estrogen suppositories last month. He said that doc's usually get dancing happy when progesterone is above 15. Mine was 85 on cd21 last month. He said that Femara would be a better drug for me because of the progesterone elevataion. He also switched me from the estrogen pill to an estrogen cream suppository.

Dr. R told me he really didn't think he would be seeing me again for IF treatment. When I told him, "oh, it's okay..." he was the one who was aggravated that the Clomid didn't work. (Now that's a welcomed change of emotion.) So, I left his office with the instructions to take the Femara cd 3-7, use Mucinex/Robitussin on cd 10-17, using ovulation predictors this month, and "spend" lots of time with K. Dr. R is on a mission to get us pregnant, and by george, that's where we want to be!

8 comments:

Alison said...

Your doctor is so awesome and the hope he brings you... for a doctor to be so hopeful, you can't help but feel confident that this is it! I really do hope this is it!!

Mazzy said...

Dear Lord please let this be the month that Elaine's perfect baby is conceived.
I have you in my heart and sending all my best wishes your way.
*hugs*

Yetty said...

yeah my doc's been pretty aggravated too. almost taking me like that special mission that must be accomplished. It's good to get personal attention from docs these days :) pity we need a BFN to get it though :(

Pam said...

I am praying that God answeres your prayer this month to conceived also. But just remember everything comes to us in GOD'S time and in his way. Maybe he will give you 2 babies at once. Waiting on GOD is the hardest thing to do, but it is also the most rewarding. Sorry you didn't get to do this BS with us.

Love ya

Bonnie said...

I just found your blog as I was searching for blogs that I can relate to in this crazy journey! Good luck and I'm so glad you found a great doctor - that can make a huge difference (i know, I've had both)

Confessions of a momaholic said...

i was actually on femara when i got pregnant. i am so glad your doc is so positive and has a plan. sending lots of baby dust and prayers your way!

Searching said...

Sounds great!! I'll be praying for you!

Amanda said...

I really hope that he doesn't have to see you for anymore IF treatments!